Monday, October 15, 2012

The Wife I want to Be - {Husbands Need Love Too}


Before I met Mike, I thought I had fallen in love before.
I believe that often times, your true love isn't your first.
But I also believe that it is one thing to fall in love, and another thing to stay in love.

Once those "butterflies" and "head over heels" have dissipated, what do you have left?

My previous relationships were stubborn, jealous, insecure, with a touch of drama. At the time, I thought that's how relationships were supposed to be - like those depicted in a bad episode of Gossip Girl or 90210.

..until I met Mike.
The minute I met eyes with him, something changed.
A giant weight of insecurity and jealousy was lifted from me.
This whole "love" thing came awfully easily, and it was actually fun.
I saw a man who was so secure with himself, so morally sound, content and kind.



...and I wanted to be better for him.

I wanted to be kinder.
more truthful {with myself and others}.
gentler.

Mike was the kind of man my grandmother told me about. He was the man that encouraged me to change, and grow in our relationship , that made me want to be a better person. 

I wanted to be the kind of woman that Mike deserved.

We will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary TOMORROW - October 16th. In two short years, we have welcomed our first child, moved {twice}, experienced job layoffs and promotions, and various other life experiences - and each day, is a day that I have to work at being the kind of wife and mother I want to be. 
It has gotten easier with time, and it's hard to say this, but being that kind of gentle, kind, understanding wife, is hard for me.


I am not perfect, I still like to be right {although I don't have to be all of the time}, and sometimes I even don't live by my own words, and I don't cherish the little things, but I'm working on it.

I'm working on not going to bed stressed out or unhappy - ending each night with a goodnight kiss.

I'm working on being understanding when things don't go as planned.

I'm working on saying thank you, any chance that I get, and not holding grudges for longer than necessary {perhaps my greatest challenge}

...Because it's the least I can do.
Mike might be part superhero - putting up with all that he does.
He entertains all of my crazy ideas - without a single eye roll, heavy sigh, or doubt.
He loves our son unconditionally - during sleepless nights, and 2 year old tantrums.
He provides for our family - even when it's not easy, but he does it with a smile on his face.
He does whatever he can to make me happy - the big things, and the small {even when the small thing is a late night run to a store across town for that one sugary treat that I like}.

I've been blessed to share my life with a man as caring, selfless, and genuine as my husband.
He loves me just the way I am - insecurities, faults, habits, and all. When I do slip on trying to be the wife I want him to have, he's there, open arms and all, and for that, I couldn't be happier.

Happy Anniversary Babe - it's been quite a journey, and it'd be an understatement to say I can't wait see forever with you.

- Husbands need love too is a way to show our husbands how much we love them by spotlighting them on our blog! So, the post must be to your husband, about him, from him, a vlog of yall together. Something that highlights your love for him. :)

- Must follow Host & Co-host blogs via GFC
{We are the first ones linked up}

Extra:

- Grab a button and put it on your sidebar
- Tweet about it
- Visit a few other blogs and show them some love


 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!