Tuesday, November 13, 2012

{Loving Lately} - Tis' the Season for Everything Pumpkin!

When I was younger, I would never eat pumpkin ANYTHING - after my first carving experience, the "guts" were gross enough to deter me from pumpkin until I started becoming a more "daring" (and by daring I mean something other than ranch dressing on my salads, eating that tiny corn, and ordering something at a restaurant without "hold the..." being uttered and receiving eye rolls from my dinner date) eater at the age of 21.

There are things that I'm NOT glad that I tried (onions, let's face it, you and I will never be friends), but I am very glad I gave pumpkin another shot, and it's something I enjoy baking with, especially during this season!

Lately...I'm loving everything PUMPKIN!

Below are some of my favorite pumpkin recipes, decorations, and all things pumpkin!
I'll include a recipe for my "Microwave 10-Minute Pumpkin Cake" too!




these pumpkin scones (perfect with a pumpkin spice latte!) from recipe girl.


these little burlap pumpkins from wonderful little things on etsy (an easy decoration that works for the whole season!)


this beautiful pumpkin decoration - using your average panty hose!

these whoopie pies from little miss momma - any recipe with "whooopiiiie" and pumpkin in the title is good for me!


this list wouldn't be complete without a delicious skinny pumpkin latte!


these yummy (and low-ish cal!) pumpkin cheesecake truffles from the frugal girls



OK...so most of these things are totally decadent and sweet - but tis' the season, and thanks to clever baking and ingredient swaps, these treats can be low cal too!


Now...the easy recipe - for perfect every time 10-Minute Microwave Pumpkin Cake





First, mix your yellow cake mix, pumpkin, and eggs.

Poor batter into your Tupperware Stack Cooker.

Microwave for 10 minutes.

Let cool for 1-2 minutes

Flip over onto plate.

Top with cool whip/whip creamed mixed with a tablespoon of vanilla, and a teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)

Enjoy! Simple as that!

3 comments:

  1. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies! what..what!?! YUM!
    As funny as it may sound my Pug loves pumpkin. My vet told me to mix a little bit of pure canned pumpkin in with his dry food. Now he won't eat his food unless it's topped with pumpkin. spoiled dog. lol. I stock up on it this time of year when it comes on sale. Good stuff! How can you beat it, especially when topped with cream cheese icing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I nominated you for the liebster award, you can find it here: http://lovalafashion.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/nominated-for-liebster-award.html.

    Sofia
    www.lovalafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of pumpkins in my father-in-law's garden but I have no idea what to do with them. Thanks for the recipe you share here, now I have some clue.

    Regards and Happy New Year!
    http://healthybeautifulblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!