Thursday, August 30, 2012

They Love me - They really love me!

Upon return from my little "sabbatical/pouty mess/confused/lost" little break from the blog - I came back to feel the love from Zoe, nominating for the appropriately named Sunshine Award! Zoe has quite the cute little blog going on, and is always so supportive and knows when to say the right thing - a true, amazing, "blog buddy".

I was also nominated for another go at the Liebster Award by Amanda, Sofia AND Ruby - The Liebster award stands for such great things - I love the idea that it keeps circulating!

Although I won't be posting the Liebster Award again- it's such an honor for a little blog like mine to get recognized! Thanks again ladies!



The Rules:
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog page.
2. Answer (10) questions about yourself (*the same ones that I answer below).
3. Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
 
Ten Questions and Answers:

 

1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
I'd love to give you the standard "I love myself" answer - but truth be told, there are a long list of things I'd like to change, and am working to change. First and foremost, my weight. I've always been self-conscious of my weight. I am making positive changes, which is all I can ask for right now. I don't let my insecurity hold me back in life, but it is something that I'd like to change.

2. What is your theme song?
I'm actually loving "Paradise" by Coldplay

3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain?
Here I WILL go with a textbook answer that I 100% believe in - I wouldn't change any of them for the world...I've learned from all of them. Except crimped hair and light up LA Gear shoes, I don't think I learned anything from those!

4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
I have a soft spot for the fashion of the early 1960's (think MadMen), the chivalry and simplicity of 1940's, and the absolute genius-ness of the catchy tunes of the 80's.

In other words, let me slip on my high waisted pencil skirt, get swept off my feet by Gene Kelly, while busting out to some Journey.

5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
I absolutely loved my Teddy Ruxpin - when I wasn't making mud pies and eating dirt.

6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore? 
Organizing. I'm a very backwards cleaner - it drives my husband nuts. Instead of cleaning things, I choose to organize our closets, rearrange furniture, take on a project - things that don't need to be done!

7. Do you Twitter?
Barely - I still haven't gotten the hang of it yet!
But, follow me @2shadesoflovely - I might surprise you and start posting!

8. Any goals for the future?
My future is loaded with them - go back to school, raise a respectable child, lose weight, take on a huge sewing project, make my house "pinterest-worthy", become a less jealous person, wear a maxi dress (yes, it's a goal....you don't know how terrified I am of the things).

9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time? 
I really don't - tequila and I don't mix well - I'll take vokda or wine any day (umbrellas and cherries on top optional).

10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
I've been pretty lucky to not have owned any "ugly" cars - while designating driving once however, I was stuck driving nine sorority girls in a hot pink geo metro. It was a little more awkward than ugly - even though I felt like a large Pepto Bismol gel cap!

 

My Sunshine Nominees are:

 

Tranae - Becoming Fabulous  

It Won't Be Like This For Long

Ricki - Adventures With Rogue Baby 

Sarah - Always Ruffles

Britt - Britt Renee

Elena - Cropped Stories

Vanessa - Cutiful

Jen - Everything According to Jen

Jess - Jess Is More

Lipstick and Lollies


Each girl is amazing in their own way. I envy the guts of "It Won't Be Like This for Long", how much "Always Ruffles" and I have in common, the style dares of "Lipstick and Lollies", how "Jess is More" constantly keeps me laughing, the bravery of "Britt Renee", the talent that is "Cutiful", "Cropped Stories" and her genuine sense of compassion, the sense of humor of "Becoming Fabulous", and the local inside jokes I can share with "Adventures with Rogue Baby" - they are some of my everyday favorite reads - and ones I hope I can share with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!