Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What Comfort Zone?

*If you know the original source - please let me know*
 "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson

I have been learning a lot about fear and insecurities lately. The fear of change, the fear of rejection, the fear of the unknown and all of the insecurities that come along with those fears. The above quote really hit home. I felt like standing up,doing a little celebratory booty shake and saying "you're right, who am I NOT  to be everything I dream of?!" It was an instant charge of empowerment, just the little boost that I needed.

It's easy to settle - to become so comfortable and familiar in how things are, that even if you are unhappy, you do not take the steps to make that initial change. 

For me, my insecurities are the root of me being reluctant to make any changes in my life...and by reluctant, I mean almost not going for a job I really wanted because I was afraid that I was not qualified enough, didn't fit the "role", and was afraid of that letter I'd get int he mail telling me I didn't get the job. 
I'm blessed to have a supportive husband. A husband that inspires me and urges me to step out of my comfort zone. When I'm feeling insecure, he is always standing in my little cheer section telling me to take chances. I'm also lucky to have friends who are also equally as supportive, but not as kind and gentle as my husband, haha!

Here we are a month or so later, the application has been submitted, and I have interviewed for the position - awaiting a second interview next week. Regardless of the outcome, it's empowering to actually take a step outside of my comfort zone - a small step, but I'd like to think this is just the beginning. It's a lesson I hope to pass onto my son Noah - do not let your insecurities hold you back - be confident in who you are, after all...
"The future belong to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

I will try to blog without the fear of not having blog followers or comments, but instead I will blog because I enjoy it.
I will try to keep the shoppe filled with things that I enjoy making, regardless of what "sells".
I will try to say no to people because I am afraid of disappointing them. At some point "me time" and time with family counts for something.
I will try to commit to living a healthier lifestyle - on the journey to be happy with my appearance. 
I will try to take chances, do things, go places that may not be in my comfort zone.







Our Lovely Sponsor Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why thank you - you know that not so gentle friend I refer to? You know you were one of them ;)

      Delete
  2. Am your newest follower, saying hello from london!! Love your blog :)

    Nic @ our little balham life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!