Wednesday, April 25, 2012

{Seven} Questions

Being new to the "Blog World" I felt like there may not be any better way to get to know me then to link up with Gentri Lee's 7 Questions!

First, a funny picture - but this one is not of me....Noah is the show stealer this go around - but let's be honest, how could I NOT post this little goof ball?!

I hope someone can agree with me that Noah is channeling his inner Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" in this one!

1. You are stuck somewhere you really don't want to be, do you- walk home, call a friend, or stick it out?
For the sake of saving awkwardness (as much as possible anyhow) I generally just stick it out. But if it really came down to it, I would call a friend, most likely the husband  (or my dad, to this day he is still my go-to man in the face of trouble)

2. Do you like to PLAY sports?

I do! I played much more in high school - but I'm on a city league softball team right now, and although it's not the fast-pitch I was used to, it's so much fun 
(who else gets to wear tutus while they play a competitive sport?!)
I also Zumba - and you may say, that's not a sport, but the sheer strategy it takes to shake your booty while moving your hips, trying to look good, all the while not running into the lady next to you is enough to call it a sport to me!


3. Everyone has that one "different" song that they secretly love- what's yours?



I grew up listening to this stuff - and this song was my favorite when I was 3, and I still love it....and may or may not have it on my I-Pod and play it obnoxiously loud when I'm in the car by myself! (I know, I know, cue the cutoff shorts and lifted pick-ups....but it's a guilty pleasure what can I say?)




And thanks to my son - nothing gets me moving in the morning like the Phineas and Ferb Theme Song!



4. What is one thing you feel you are really good at?
My husband would tell you I'm good at nagging and baking cookies.
I would like to think I'm good at making people laugh, being empathetic  (although I have my days!), and reading bedtime stories! Reading bedtime stories may not seem like a special skill, until you have a 15-month old that won't sit still for a minute, unless his mommy is reading to him!


5. A dog is running in your direction and barking loudly- what do you do?
I'm afraid of a lot of things (spiders, heights, deep water...you name it!) but dogs are not one of them. I'd probably greet the little fluff ball with open arms! So far, that approach has worked out well, even with the "mean dogs" at the shelter.

6. Star gazing or cloud watching?
Star gazing - hands down. In a truck bed full of blankets...even better!

7. What time of the day do you feel the most productive?

I would have thought working 8-5 Monday-Friday for 6 years would have made me a morning person, and if that didn't work, I was for sure motherhood would - but alas, I am not a morning person. I'm usually my most productive at inconvenient times - like at 11pm on a work night, or at 3 am (even when I know little Noah will be waking up at 7)

5 comments:

  1. Aw. :) I love reading to little kids. So cute. And I wish I were a morning person too. But I am not and probably will never be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got to be genetic! I feel like if motherhood can't make me evolve into a morning person, nothing will at this point!

      Delete
  2. I immediately thought about A Christmas Story when I saw that picture. He is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phineas & Ferb. My daughter loves the theme song too, when she was as young as 18 months old. She'd go "Mommmmmm!" at the end like Candace does. =) Fun post!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!