Saturday, September 29, 2012

{Sunday Social} - Childhood

Sunday Social
It’s Sunday Social time again with Neely & Ashley, and ho doesn't like a little trip down an awkward hair, horrific outfit lined memory lane?!

Poppy and his Muffin

1. What do you miss most about being a kid?

What don't I miss? Forts, a lack of responsibility, sleeping in, LA Gear light up tennis shoes....being a kid was pretty much amazing.

2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?

Not one that ever stuck. My grandpa called me "Muffin", my sports teammates called me numerous things (including Sweet Chicken and Mustang Sally), and occasionally I was referred to as "Kini".

Perhaps one of the greatest burdens of my maiden name was that it sounded oddly similar to "sperm" with "ling" on the end. In high school, that led to a whole slew of horrific and perverted nicknames I won't mention!
 

3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?

Other girls at my school loved the bars - but I preferred a good ol' fashioned game of "Wall Ball" or even foursquare. Tether-ball on the other hand was not my game - "Rope-ies" what a dumb rule ;)

4. What did you want to be when you grew up?


At my fifth grade graduation - I stood up in front of everyone and said I wanted to be a meteorologist

That lesson about clouds really must have really had an impact on me.

5. What was your favorite toy?

I was really into this old cash register that my mom bought at a garage sale. I was an only child, so I had to have an imagination...and that cash register was just the ticket! 
 

6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?







 Again, I was an only child - so all of those embarrassing family photos and videos were starring a certain little ham of a child - ME.

I get reminded about my various musical numbers (Top hits were "Pumpernickel up in the ol' Gum Tree" and "The Bear ate the Frog, the Frog ate the Mouse...") often. My parents also don't let me live down the time that I stepped in dog poop...only to think that my foot was melting off, real tears and all.



Now if that doesn't give you an awkward, slightly pathetic view into my childhood, I don't know what will! I can't wait to read all of your posts on your childhood adventures!












8 comments:

  1. Hahah mostly, this made me appreciate having siblings.. because I did some dumb stuff, but they did too and most of my awkward moments were forgotten after my brother chose to debut 'The Third Ball Song' on family vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, muffin is such a cute nickname! Your meteorologist thing is cool. It's always interesting to look back at what we wanted to be and see how it turned out. And the poop/foot melting off story??? Golden. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. four square and wallball,aweseomness :)

    weather lady how different!!

    cute blog!

    happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from Sunday Social!

    That's funny you thought your foot was melting off from dog pop hahaha. I was an only child, too! So I know exactly what you mean with all family photos and videos being just about you. Lol.

    Happy Sunday!

    xo, Heather

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower from the Sunday Social link up :) I love your blog and had to follow along :D I'd love for you to come check out my blog and follow along if you'd like :D

    http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forts! My little brother and I LOVED making forts :) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had totally forgotten that I went through a phase of wanting to be a meteorologist...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!