Friday, June 1, 2012

The How To's of Blogging Series - {Part 5!}

Today we continue with Part 5 of "The How-To's of Blogging Series". I am hosting this awesome series with The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife so make sure and visit her blog as well! This entire week will be filled with posts on how to make you a "better" blogger, so make sure to come back because there will be a new topic everyday. You can find out who will be posting this week by clicking here

If you missed the posts from earlier this week you can find them below:



Hey y'all! I'm Amanda and I am the creative mind and author at Royal Daughter Designs. I'm a country girl making a home and farming on eight acres in Texas. I'm trying my hand at gardening, and my husband and I recently jumped into ranching when we purchased two adorable calves

So my specialty is blog beautification. One thing that I think really contributes to the "professionalism" of a blog is removing the shadows that blogger wants to force on you.

Take a look at these two photos and tell me the difference:

Yep - that's me!
There's just something about that shadow that drives me nuts! I think that image shadows give blogs an unprofessional appearance, so today I'm going to show you how to get rid of it!




#1. Log in to your dashboard and select "design".
#2. Select "edit HTML".
#3. use ctrl f to search for this code: mod




#4. Select and delete this entire code:



-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 $(content.shadow.spread) rgba(0, 0, 0, .15);
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 $(content.shadow.spread.webkit) rgba(0, 0, 0, .15);
-goog-ms-box-shadow: 0 0 $(content.shadow.spread.ie) #333333;
box-shadow: 0 0 $(content.shadow.spread) rgba(0, 0, 0, .15);

Depending on your blog's coding, this particular code may look a little different. But don't worry! Just select the part that begins with:
-moz
and select the entire section. Be sure you don't delete this little doodad though:
}
That tiny little bracket is very important! It closes that section of coding. If you delete it you will get an error message when you try to save.

#5. Repeat this action for the two additional sections that include the code.




#6. Save Template. You may first want to preview it to make sure it works! If so, click that pretty little "save template" button and boom shakalaka (a victory phrase my foster boys like to use), you're done!







I hope this is helpful for you! If you have any questions, let me know! Every Tuesday I share tips and tutorials for beautifying your blog in my Tutes on Tuesday series. 




Happy Beautifying! 


GIVEAWAY WILL BE WEDNESDAY! Dana from Wonder Forest has been so kind to offer all of you a FREE copy of her very own e-book for bloggers "Blog Wonderful". Stayed tuned for the giveaway at the end of the series!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!